Blog Sections

Post Titles

December 06, 2011

Andy Rooney

Over the years, I have come across and appreciated Andy Rooney's quotes from random sources. Initially, I had no idea who he was. Later I came to know that he was an American broadcaster. His weekly appearance on CBS  made "60 Minutes"  a very popular TV show. Millions watched and listened to his homespun wisdom and peeves which he aired week after week, from the seventies till now. In October 2011, a few days after his final broadcast at the age of 92, Andy Rooney Died in New York.

Some of Rooney's Famous One-liners
  • I've  learned....That the  best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
  • I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows.
  • I've learned.... That just one person saying to me,  'You've made my day!' makes my day.
  • I've  learned....That having  a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful  feelings in the world.
  • I've learned.... That being kind is more  important than being right.
  • I've  learned....That you  should never say no to a gift from a child.
  • I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when  I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
  • I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life  requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
  • I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a  hand to hold and a heart to understand.
  • I've learned.... That simple walks with my father around  the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me  as an adult.
  • I've learned.... That life is like a roll  of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it  goes.
  • I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give  us everything we ask for.
  • I've  learned.... That money  doesn't buy class.
  • I've learned.... That it's those small  daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
  • I've  learned.... That under  everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and  loved.
  • I've learned.... That to ignore the facts does not change  the facts.
  •  I 've learned.... That when you plan to  get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue  to hurt you.
  • I've learned.... That love, not time,  heals all wounds.
  • I've learned.... That the easiest way for  me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter  than I am.
  • I've learned.... That everyone you meet  deserves to be greeted with a smile..
  • I've  learned.... That no one  is perfect until you fall in love with them.
  • I've learned... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.
  • I've learned.... That opportunities are never lost;  someone will take the ones you miss.
  • I've  learned.... That when  you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
  • I've learned.... That I wish I could have told my Mom  that I love her one more time before she passed away.
  • I've learned.... That one should keep his words both soft  and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
  • I've learned..... That a smile is an inexpensive way to  improve your looks.
  • I've learned..... That when your newly  born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist,  that you're hooked for life.
  • I've  learned.... That  everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the  happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
  • I've learned.... That the less time I have to work with,  the more things I get done.

No comments:

Your Comments

This is an interactive blog, so feel free to comment on any post.
How to Comment
Click on [comments] which is on the grey bar below the Post. A Comments Window will open. Write what you wish. When you are done, click on [Post Comment].
Comments will be published below the post, normally in 48 hours.

Enter your Email-id to Get Free Blogposts in your Inbox

Enter Email-id:

Your Email-id will never be shared, but used only for posts from this blog to your inbox.

World News